- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 cups beef or chicken stock
- 1 bouquet garni
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 blade
- Salt and pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 to 8 slices bread
- Chopped parsley
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in large pan. Add the whole garlic cloves and fry, without browning
for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and add the bouquet garni, nutmeg and mace, and salt and pepper
to taste. Bring to the boil, simmer, 20 minutes.
- Blend the egg yolks with 2 tablespoons of the soup. Strain the remaining soup
and return to the pan. Bring to the boil then remove from heat. Set aside 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread on both sides and place in individual bowls.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture into the soup, stirring constantly. Ladle into the
bowls and serve at once, garnish with chopped parsley. Hand the parmesan cheese
Serves 6 to 8 and is excellent for keeping the winter bugs away.
This is a delicious soup and is surprisingly light in nature. Don't be scared
about the amount of garlic as you will see once you try the recipe. Hope you enjoy
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark