Grand Canyon Potato Soup
- 4 to 6 large, white potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Monterey jack cheese
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
of garlic salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Place peeled and cut potatoes into a large pot. Cover completely with about 2
inches of water. Add chiles and onion. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and boil
over medium heat until potatoes are completely done.
- Mash potatoes slightly; add
butter. Simmer, covered, for about 1 hour.
- Serve hot soup over grated Monterey jack cheese.
This goes well with Mexican
cornbread, warm flour tortillas or chips and salsa.