- 8 cups loosely packed torn spring greens (spinach, watercress, etc.)
- 1 large
baking potato, pared and sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- Chopped toasted pine nuts, optional
- Wash and chop greens; put into a large soup kettle with potato, onion and broth.
Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Puree in a food processor or blender in small batches. Add yogurt to the last
batch before blending. When finished, mix it all together.
- Serve hot or cold topped with pine nuts.
- Swirl more yogurt through the soup before serving, if desired.
Makes 5 or 6 servings.
Posted by tgraddy at Recipe Goldmine May 20, 2001.