Hearty Corn, Chile and Potato Soup
Hearty Corn, Chile and Potato Soup is ready in less than 1 hour and is a good
choice for fall and winter meals.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole-kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
(12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook,
stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add water, potatoes, corn, chiles, bouillon, paprika and bay leaf. Bring to
a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir a small amount of evaporated milk into flour in small bowl to make a smooth
paste; gradually stir in remaining evaporated milk.
- Stir milk mixture into soup. Cook, stirring constantly, until soup comes just
to a boil and thickens slightly.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 25 mins | Servings: 8
Reprinted with permission from Nestlé® and meals.com.