- 6 cups turkey or chicken broth (preferably rich, homemade stock)
- 2 heads garlic,
cloves separated and peeled
- 4 to 6 small fresh jalapenos, seeded and coarsely
chopped, or less if desired*
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt, to taste
Parmigiano-Reggiano or pepper jack cheese
- Combine the broth, garlic, jalapenos, oregano and thyme in a saucepan and bring
to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the garlic is very soft, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and serve in mugs, garnished with the Parmigiano-Reggiano or
pepper jack cheese.
* Wear gloves when handling fresh chiles; the oils can cause a burning sensation
on your skin.