- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sliced and diced red or white onions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Drippings from 1 slice pork or turkey bacon, if desired
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter or margarine with the bacon drippings, if desired,
for about 5 minutes or until golden. Do not let the onions or garlic get too brown.
- Add beef broth. Heat through, for about 20 minutes, or up to 1/2 hour if covered.
- Option: Top with a 1/2-inch piece of Italian or French bread and some shredded
mozzarella or other cheese. Place under the broiler for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Serves 2 to 4 as an appetizer.
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 1/3/2002 2:31 pm.