Roasted Vegetable Soup
Roasted vegetables have a sweet, smoky flavor. Serve this soup with slices of
good-quality crusty bread, or with toasted cheese sandwiches.
- 2 cans College Inn® Garden Vegetable Broth
- 1 onion, peeled, quartered
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 zucchini (small), cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange onion, tomatoes, pepper, zucchini and carrot in a single layer on a
heavy tray that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brush vegetables with the olive oil. Roast, uncovered for 8 - 10 minutes, or
until lightly browned.
- Remove vegetables from oven and cool slightly. Dice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Spray a 4-quart saucepan with nonstick spray and heat to medium, add garlic
and cook 10 seconds.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add broth, diced roasted vegetables and thyme.
- Bring soup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 15 min | 5 servings
Recipe and photo credit: College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation