This shredded vegetable soup is creamy and full of nutritious vegetables. "Chayote"
(mirliton squash) lends the comforting texture to this delicious soup. A typical
ingredient of the Aztec and Mayan cuisine, this vegetable is high in potassium and
low in carbohydrates. Try this one with spaghetti squash and other varieties of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water
carrots, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 zucchini, finely shredded
- 1 chayote,
peeled and finely shredded
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- Freshly ground pepper to
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly,
for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in water, carrots, zucchini, chayote, evaporated milk and bouillon; bring
to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 25 mins | Servings: 6
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé® and meals.com.