Southern Vegetable Soup
Tip: To use frozen soup, thaw soup in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to
a saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through.
- 2 cans College Inn® Garden Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup frozen okra or fresh okra
- 1 cup chopped green chiles
- 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Sauté onion in oil in a Dutch oven for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Serve immediately or transfer to freezer containers.
Prep: 5 min | Cook: 25 min | Total: 30 min | 5 servings
May be frozen for up to 3 months.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation.