Squash Blossom Soup
- 60 squash blossoms, washed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped
wild onions or yellow onions
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 18 sprigs fresh chervil (for
- If using male squash blossoms, remove the stamens. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and
sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the salt, pepper
and squash blossoms and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low, and simmer
for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and serve hot, garnished with sprigs of chervil.