Tomato Soup with Tomato Chunks
- 4 cans condensed tomato soup
- 3 cans milk
- 2 (32 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut small
- Fresh ground pepper
- Dry basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- Whisk the condensed tomato soup with the milk until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients
and cook 45 minutes.
- Serve with grated cheese and oyster crackers.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Posted by jerseyjan at Recipe Goldmine May 20, 2001.