- 4 1/2 quarts water
- 3 medium onions, diced
- 5 stalks celery, diced
- 1 pound
carrots, scraped and diced
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 medium turnip, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- Combine all ingredients in a stockpot. Bring mixture to a boil; cover, reduce
heat and simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Uncover stockpot and continue cooking 2 hours.
- Strain stock through a cheesecloth- or paper towel-lined sieve into a large bowl;
discard vegetables and seasonings. Cover and chill stock.
Makes 4 cups.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.