Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 1/2 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 1/2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1/2 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed
- 1/4 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 4 1/2 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until tender,
about 6 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, picante sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Stir in tortellini;
simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper; continue to simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until tortellini is
- Ladle into soup bowls; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.