Sourdough Applesauce Walnut Bread
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup milk-based sourdough starter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup coarsely
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl of an
- Add the cinnamon and allspice, and run the mixer briefly on low
speed to blend the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and the vegetable oil.
- Stir in the
applesauce. With the mixer set a low speed, gradually pour the egg mixture into
the dry ingredients.
- Add the sourdough and beat until thoroughly moistened.
in the walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, covering
the loaf with foil during the last 10 minutes if necessary to prevent overbrowning.
Loaf is done when a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn out and cool completely.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.