Sourdough Apricot Walnut Bread
- 1 cup starter
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 12 dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups whole wheat
- 4 cups bread flour, bromated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine starter, water, oil, sugar and apricots and mix well.
- Add walnuts and
the whole wheat flour; blend together with a whisk.
- Add 2 cups of the bread flour
and mix again.
- Add the last 2 cups of the bread flour, combined with the salt, and
mix again. The dough will be sticky and a little stiff.
- Put the dough into a greased
(or sprayed with Pam) bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise until doubled in
- Punch down and divide into three equal pieces. Put each piece into a greased
loaf pan and let rise until they reach the tops of the pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until browned and pulling away from the
sides of the pans.