Sourdough Apricot Walnut Bread
- 1 cup starter
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 12 dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups whole wheat
- 4 cups bread flour, bromated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine starter, water, oil, sugar and apricots and mix well.
- Add walnuts and
the whole wheat flour; blend together with a whisk.
- Add 2 cups of the bread flour
and mix again.
- Add the last 2 cups of the bread flour, combined with the salt, and
mix again. The dough will be sticky and a little stiff.
- Put the dough into a greased
(or sprayed with Pam) bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise until doubled in
- Punch down and divide into three equal pieces. Put each piece into a greased
loaf pan and let rise until they reach the tops of the pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until browned and pulling away from the
sides of the pans.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.