- 4 (1 ounce) squares sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sourdough starter
- Place chocolate in small saucepan and add hot water; bring to a boil, stirring.
- Add baking soda and mix well. Mixture will be foamy. Set aside until lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs and
mix in thoroughly.
- Add vanilla extract and cooled chocolate mixture and nuts.
add flour that has been sifted with salt.
- Lastly, add the starter. Beat well after
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan and pour batter into it.
pan in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake brownie for 35 to 40 minutes.