- 4 (1 ounce) squares sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sourdough starter
- Place chocolate in small saucepan and add hot water; bring to a boil, stirring.
- Add baking soda and mix well. Mixture will be foamy. Set aside until lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs and
mix in thoroughly.
- Add vanilla extract and cooled chocolate mixture and nuts.
add flour that has been sifted with salt.
- Lastly, add the starter. Beat well after
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan and pour batter into it.
pan in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake brownie for 35 to 40 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.