Sourdough Cheddar Bread Pudding
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 slices sourdough bread
- 6 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese,
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; add diced slices of bread,
stirring until coated.
- Add grated Cheddar cheese; stir well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with a wire whisk combine milk, egg yolks, salt, dry mustard,
Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; beat well. Pour over the bread cubes.
- In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry; fold into bread mixture,
toss until mixed.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish.
and chill overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until the center is set.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.