Sourdough Cheddar Bread Pudding
- 1/2 cup butter
- 10 slices sourdough bread
- 6 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese,
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; add diced slices of bread,
stirring until coated.
- Add grated Cheddar cheese; stir well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, with a wire whisk combine milk, egg yolks, salt, dry mustard,
Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper; beat well. Pour over the bread cubes.
- In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry; fold into bread mixture,
toss until mixed.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking dish.
and chill overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until the center is set.