Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup active sourdough starter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup dry skim milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon liquid coffee
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Mix first seven ingredients together, working in the flour until a good dough
- Divide the dough into two parts, rolling each out into thin cakes about
1/4 inch thick.
- Do the following with each half: Dot with butter, then sprinkle with brown sugar-cinnamon
- Roll dough into 12-inch long pieces. Cut off 1-inch slices and place in
prepared pan (mix Sticky Mixture ingredients and place in the bottom of a baking
- Let dough rise about an hour and bake at 325 degrees F.
- Serve with sticky side up.
Yield: 8 servings