Sourdough Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sifted flour
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add sourdough and rolled oats.
- Sift spices and baking soda with flour and add to oats mixture. Mix well and
chill in refrigerator.
- Roll out on floured board. Cut with cookie cutter.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet
at 375 degrees F for about 12 minutes.
- Cool and put together in pairs with any tart
jam, preserves or jelly filling.
Yields 36 single or 18 sandwich cookies.