Sourdough Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sifted flour
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add sourdough and rolled oats.
- Sift spices and baking soda with flour and add to oats mixture. Mix well and
chill in refrigerator.
- Roll out on floured board. Cut with cookie cutter.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet
at 375 degrees F for about 12 minutes.
- Cool and put together in pairs with any tart
jam, preserves or jelly filling.
Yields 36 single or 18 sandwich cookies.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.