These lighter-than-air pancakes were the mainstay of the Forty-Niners' diet.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2
teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
egg, Sourdough Starter, milk and oil. Stir into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Using 2 tablespoonsful of batter for each pancake, bake on a hot, lightly greased
griddle until golden brown, turning once.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.