These lighter-than-air pancakes were the mainstay of the Forty-Niners' diet.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2
teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
egg, Sourdough Starter, milk and oil. Stir into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Using 2 tablespoonsful of batter for each pancake, bake on a hot, lightly greased
griddle until golden brown, turning once.