Sourdough Silver Dollar Hotcakes
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted shortening
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- About 12 hours before mealtime, mix Sourdough Starter, flour, milk and salt;
let stand in a bowl covered with a towel. Set in a warm place
- Just before baking hotcakes, remove 1 cup batter to replenish Starter in crock.
- To the remaining batter in the bowl, add baking soda, eggs, shortening and sugar.
- Bake cakes the size of silver dollars on a lightly greased, hot griddle.
Makes about 30 hotcakes.
For thinner hotcakes, add more milk.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.