Sourdough Silver Dollar Hotcakes
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted shortening
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- About 12 hours before mealtime, mix Sourdough Starter, flour, milk and salt;
let stand in a bowl covered with a towel. Set in a warm place
- Just before baking hotcakes, remove 1 cup batter to replenish Starter in crock.
- To the remaining batter in the bowl, add baking soda, eggs, shortening and sugar.
- Bake cakes the size of silver dollars on a lightly greased, hot griddle.
Makes about 30 hotcakes.
For thinner hotcakes, add more milk.