Sourdough Spice Cookies with Maple Frosting
- 1/4 cup soft shortening
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- Cookies: Mix together the shortening, brown sugar, egg, molasses and sourdough
starter. To this add baking soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water.
- Sift together flour, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon, and add to the
- Drop by teaspoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet and bake about
10 minutes in 350 degree F oven.
- When cool, frost with Maple Frosting.
- Maple Frosting: Blend thoroughly confectioners' sugar, maple flavoring and
cream or milk.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.