Baby Elephant Ears
Grandmas all over the country have long used scraps of unused pie crust dough
to make larger versions of these sweet treats. Our miniature version is just the
right size - and much easier to assemble!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place two 12-inch squares wax paper on work surface.
- In small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- On work surface, unroll 1 crust. Brush with butter; sprinkle with half of
the cinnamon sugar.
- Top with second crust. Brush top of second crust with butter, sprinkle with
remaining cinnamon sugar; roll up.
- Cut the roll into 12 (1-inch) slices, then press down slightly, and roll
individually between the sheets of wax paper to 1/4-inch slices, replacing waxed
paper as needed.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Keep an eye on
the smallest ears that were cut from the ends, and remove them from the cookie
sheet before the larger ears if necessary to prevent burning.
- Cool on cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container between sheets of wax paper, and serve within
20 min prep time
45 min total time
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 10 Calories from Fat 110
Total Fat 2g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 210mg Total Carbohydrate
25g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 8g Protein 1g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from Pillsbury.