Carnival Funnel Cakes
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat eggs, then add milk and sugar. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Add dry ingredients to egg and milk mixture. Beat batter until smooth. This batter should be thin enough to run through a small funnel.
- Drop from funnel into hot deep fat (375 degrees F), holding finger over bottom of funnel to control amount of batter released. Make into one of the following designs: start at center of pan, swirling batter outward in a gradually
enlarging circle, being careful not to touch circles; let batter run through funnel into hot fat into any shape you desire, crisscrossing to make an intricate design.
- Fry until golden brown and remove from fat and drain.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
STATE FAIR RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.