Carnival Funnel Cakes
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Beat eggs, then add milk and sugar. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Add dry ingredients to egg and milk mixture. Beat batter until smooth. This batter should be thin enough to run through a small funnel.
- Drop from funnel into hot deep fat (375 degrees F), holding finger over bottom of funnel to control amount of batter released. Make into one of the following designs: start at center of pan, swirling batter outward in a gradually
enlarging circle, being careful not to touch circles; let batter run through funnel into hot fat into any shape you desire, crisscrossing to make an intricate design.
- Fry until golden brown and remove from fat and drain.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.