Chocolate Hazelnut Pie Sticks
Do you have leftover pie crust? Not anymore. These sweet sticks come together with just a few on-hand ingredients!
Make these savory, and use goat cheese or cream cheese instead of the hazelnut spread with cocoa.
Serve with a dipping sauce or whipped cream.
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1/2 cup hazelnut spread with cocoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or decorator sugar crystals
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper or foil.
- Unroll pie crust on lightly floured work surface. Cut into 1 1/2 inch wide strips. Trim ends to straighten. Gently fold each strip in half lengthwise, making crease down middle; unfold, then brush each strip with beaten egg.
- Spoon heaping teaspoonful hazelnut spread in thin line lengthwise down 1
side of each strip. Fold over on crease; use fork to crimp edges together.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Lightly brush tops of sticks with beaten egg; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Prep: 10 min | Yield: 6 servings
Recipe by Inspired Taste
Recipe and photo used with permission from: