Chocolate Hazelnut Pie Sticks
Do you have leftover pie crust? Not anymore. These sweet sticks come together
with just a few on-hand ingredients!
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed
- 1/2 cup hazelnut spread with cocoa
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
or decorator sugar crystals
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper
- Unroll pie crust on lightly floured work surface. Cut into 1 1/2-inch-wide
strips. Trim ends to straighten. Gently fold each strip in half lengthwise,
making crease down middle; unfold, then brush each strip with beaten egg.
- Spoon heaping teaspoonful hazelnut spread in thin line lengthwise down 1
side of each strip. Fold over on crease; use fork to crimp edges together.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Lightly brush tops of sticks with beaten egg; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
10 min prep time
25 min total time
Make these savory, and use goat cheese or cream cheese instead of the hazelnut
spread with cocoa.
Serve with a dipping sauce or whipped cream.
Recipe by Inspired Taste
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury.