Cinnamon Roll Waffle
Ice Cream Sandwiches
A fun twist on ice cream sandwiches - made with cinnamon roll dough and your
favorite ice cream!
- Vegetable oil
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Supreme refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing (5 rolls)
- 2 1/2 cups ice cream, any variety, softened slightly
- Powdered sugar
- Assorted candy sprinkles, if desired
- Heat Belgian-style waffle maker. Grease generously with oil.
- Separate dough into 5 rolls; spoon icing into small resealable food-storage plastic
bag, and set aside.
- With serrated knife, cut each cinnamon roll in half lengthwise; grease both sides
of dough with oil, and place 1 or 2 at a time (depending how many fit without touching)
on waffle maker. Close waffle maker.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until cooked and golden brown.
- Using wooden kitchen utensil, carefully remove to cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining cinnamon roll dough, greasing waffle maker and dough each
- Cool waffles completely.
- To make sandwiches, with ice cream scoop, add about 1/2 cup ice cream to center
of 1 waffle for bottom, and top with another waffle.
- Cut corner of icing bag, and pipe icing on top of each waffle sandwich; sprinkle
with powdered sugar and candy sprinkles.
- Serve immediately, or place in freezer until ready to serve.
15 min prep time | 2 min cook time | 5 servings
Be sure to grease waffle maker between each batch of waffles to help prevent
the rolls from sticking and burning.
Decorate edges with colorful sprinkles to make them more kid-friendly.
Cleanup is a breeze when you wrap a paper towel around the end of a wooden kitchen
utensil, like the wooden handle of a spatula. Push the paper towel through the waffle
grates to help clean up any residue from baking.
Store in freezer in resealable freezer bag until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 520 Calories from Fat 240
Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 12g Trans Fat 2g Cholesterol 30mg Sodium 580mg Total
Carbohydrate 64g Dietary
Fiber 1g Sugars 35g Protein 6g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 10% Iron 8%
Exchanges:2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 5 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):