Deep Fried Candy Bars
Celebrate the spirit of the state fair with this decadent deep-fried treat.
Dust them with unsweetened baking cocoa for a more intense chocolate flavor.
Use wide craft sticks for maximum strength.
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated original or buttermilk biscuits
- 8 assorted candy bars
- Canola oil for frying
- 8 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends)
- Powdered sugar
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Roll out each with rolling pin or press with hands until large enough to wrap around candy bar.
- Place 1 candy bar in center of each biscuit. Wrap dough around each to completely cover candy bar; pinch to seal well.
- In 10 to 12 inch skillet, heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Fry each wrapped candy bar until golden brown on all sides. Remove from oil to cooling rack; cool.
- Insert 1 craft stick halfway into each.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Prep: 30 min | Yield: 8 servings
Recipe by Amy Erickson
Recipe and photo used with permission from: