Deep Fried Coca-Cola
As served at the Arizona State Fair.
- 3-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Coca-Cola
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Confectioners' sugar (for topping)
- Pure Coca-Cola Syrup
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Beat the eggs, then add the sugar and Coca-Cola.
- Sift 2 cups of flour, the salt and the baking powder and add to the Coca-Cola,
sugar and egg mixture. Mix while adding more flour until the batter is smooth
and not too thick.
- Put vegetable oil into deep fryer, and heat to 375 degrees F.
- Pour the batter into the fryer and cook up a mass of doughy strands.
- Stuff into a Coca-Cola cup, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and douse
with pure Coke syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
STATE FAIR RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.