Deep Fried Coca-Cola
As served at the Arizona State Fair.
- 3-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Coca-Cola
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Confectioners' sugar (for topping)
- Pure Coca-Cola Syrup
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Beat the eggs, then add the sugar and Coca-Cola.
- Sift 2 cups of flour, the salt and the baking powder and add to the Coca-Cola,
sugar and egg mixture. Mix while adding more flour until the batter is smooth
and not too thick.
- Put vegetable oil into deep fryer, and heat to 375 degrees F.
- Pour the batter into the fryer and cook up a mass of doughy strands.
- Stuff into a Coca-Cola cup, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and douse
with pure Coke syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.