Deep-Fried Kool-Aid Balls
This is a favorite at state fairs and carnivals!
Optional: If desired, the deep fried Kool-Aid balls can be rolled in a mixture of powdered sugar and cherry Kool-Aid after they are fried. Use about 1/8 cup Kool-Aid to 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons Kool-Aid
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- Heat vegetable oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the melted butter, and mix until the batter is crumbly.
- Stir in the milk and the egg. Mix until smooth.
- Roll the dough into quarter-size balls and drop them carefully into the hot oil a few at a time.
- Cook in oil for about 3 minutes. Remove when the fried Kool-Aid batter is golden brown and crispy.
- Allow the Deep Fried Kool-Aid Balls to cool a bit before eating. They will burn you badly if eaten too soon.
STATE FAIR RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.