Fried Panko-Dipped Pickle Spears
An easy app that can be served as a zesty snack is going to become a pre-dinner
- 4 to 6 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix (from 1-ounce package)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Progresso™ panko crispy bread crumbs
- 12 crisp pickle spears
- Heat oil in deep fryer or 12-inch skillet to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in shallow bowl, stir together flour and dressing mi.
- In another shallow bowl, beat eggs with whisk.
- In third shallow bowl, place bread crumbs.
- Dip each pickle spear into flour mixture, then into egg.
- Dip into flour a second time, then into egg a second time.
- Coat pickle spear with bread crumbs.
- After all pickles have been breaded, fry in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes, turning
once, or until deep golden brown.
- Drain fried pickles on cooling rack or paper towels.
25 min prep time | 4 servings
For the crispiest pickle spears, buy whole pickles from the refrigerated section
of your supermarket, and cut them into spears for the recipe.
For a thinner breading, you can replace 2 of the eggs with 1 cup milk, and only
dip in the flour and egg once, instead of twice.
Recipe by Angie McGowan.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury
STATE FAIR RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.