Fried Panko-Dipped Pickle Spears
An easy app that can be served as a zesty snack is going to become a pre-dinner
- 4 to 6 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry ranch
dressing mix (from 1-ounce package)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Progresso™ panko crispy
- 12 crisp pickle spears
- Heat oil in deep fryer or 12-inch skillet to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in shallow bowl, stir together flour and dressing mi.
- In another shallow bowl, beat eggs with whisk.
- In third shallow bowl, place bread crumbs.
- Dip each pickle spear into flour mixture, then into egg.
- Dip into flour a second time, then into egg a second time.
- Coat pickle spear with bread crumbs.
- After all pickles have been breaded, fry in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes, turning
once, or until deep golden brown.
- Drain fried pickles on cooling rack or paper towels.
25 min prep time
25 min total time
For the crispiest pickle spears, buy whole pickles from the refrigerated section
of your supermarket, and cut them into spears for the recipe.
For a thinner breading, you can replace 2 of the eggs with 1 cup milk, and only
dip in the flour and egg once, instead of twice.
Recipe by Angie McGowan.
Recipe and photo credit: Pillsbury.