State Fair Recipes
Fried Peanut Butter Crescent Bombs
Best snack ever? These peanut butter bombs might make you the most popular treat-maker on the block.
Prep: 15 min | Yield: 16 servings
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 can Pillsbury™ Place 'n Bake™ refrigerated crescent rounds
- Canola oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- A day ahead of serving, line sheet pan with cooking parchment paper. Place 32 individual tablespoons of peanut butter in pan. Freeze overnight.
- On serving day, heat oil in heavy saucepan to 350 degrees F.
- Separate dough into rounds. Cut each into 4 equal pieces. Wrap each piece of dough tightly around 1 frozen spoon of peanut butter.
- Fry each filled dough ball in hot oil until evenly browned on all sides.
- Cool for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm.
For added flavor, stuff them with some chocolate chips as well!
Add some flavor variety with a dusting of cinnamon!
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Recipe by Amy Erickson