State Fair Crescent Cheese Curds
Cheese curds wrapped in crescent dough and deep fried - an easy way to create
a State Fair favorite, right in your own home!
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury™ refrigeratedCrescent Dough Sheet
- 8 ounces cheese curds, any variety (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 wooden skewers
- Condiments, if desired (ranch dressing, Sriracha sauce, ketchup, flavored jam)
- In deep fryer or 3-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 350
- Unroll dough, and cut lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut crosswise into
8 rows, making 32 squares.
- Roll piece of dough around each cheese curd (no larger than 1 inch); stretch
dough, and press to seal edges and completely cover cheese curd.
- Fry cheese curds 8 at a time, about 1 minute, turning occasionally until
dough is completely cooked through and deep golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels, and keep warm.
- Thread 4 cheese curds on each wooden skewer.
- Serve immediately with condiments.
15 min prep time | 8 servings
Customize your cheese curds by serving with various dippers - spicy, sweet or
Can't find cheese curds in your grocery store? Use mozzarella sticks instead
OR your favorite variety of cheese stick, such as Colby Jack, pepper Jack, Cheddar.
Nutrition Facts - Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 220 Calories from Fat
130 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 410mg Total
Carbohydrate 13g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 0g Protein g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 20% Iron 4%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 1/2 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.