This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Bacon Cheeseburger Football Dip
- 3 (11 ounce) tubes refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package Crystal Farms Original Cream Cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces Henning’s Aged Cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- Optional Toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and pickles
- Thinly sliced Henning’s Mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with
- Unroll 1 tube bread dough into a rectangle on prepared pan. Place
the remaining tubes of dough on top of the rectangle in a football
shape. Cut ends at an angle if desired; secure ends with toothpicks.
Trim excess dough from bottom rectangle with a paring knife. Pinch dough
at seams for bread bowl.
- Whisk egg and milk; brush over dough.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until bread is light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until
crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to paper towel to drain,
reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Cook ground beef in bacon drippings in the same pan over medium heat
until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire
sauce, mustard and garlic powder; stir until cheese is smooth.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cheddar and half of the bacon.
- Spoon dip into bread bowl.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until dip is bubbly.
- Cool slightly. Layer with the toppings as desired and remaining
bacon. Cut mozzarella for laces; place on football.
Yield: 18 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin