- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bottle Cajun or other hot pepper sauce
- Shrimp: Combine the flour and seasonings in a zip top plastic bag. Seal the bag
and shake it to mix the ingredients together.
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails attached. Rinse the shrimp
under cold water, then place them in the plastic bag with the dry coating mixture.
- Close the bag and shake to coat the shrimp with the mixture.
- Place the coated shrimp on a baking sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for 15 to 20 minutes. Do not discard
the flour mixture.
- Sauce: Whisk together the garlic, butter and hot sauce; set aside.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F.
- Place the shrimp back in the plastic bag with the flour mixture and shake
- Fry the coated shrimp in hot oil for about 3 minutes each or until the shrimp
- Remove from the deep fryer and coat with the hot sauce mixture before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.