California Monterey Jack and Blue Cheese Football
This is the tastiest football you will ever eat!
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Real California blue cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated Real California Monterey jack
- 1 cup Real California cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coarsely crushed rye crackers
- In a large bowl, or in a food processor, combine the Real California cream
cheese, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Beat or process until blended and smooth.
- Add the Real California Monterey jack and blue cheeses, as well as the walnuts,
and beat vigorously until the ingredients are evenly mixed. If using a food
processor, take care not to over-mix; the cheese should retain some of its texture.
- While chilling is not essential, at this point the mixture will be easier
to shape if refrigerated for 2-3 hours.
- Spread the rye cracker crumbs on a large plate or sheet of waxed paper.
- Dampen your hands with water to keep the cheese mixture from sticking to
- Divide the cheese mixture in half, then pat and press each half into a log
about 3 inches across; don't worry about keeping the shape perfect.
- Roll each log in the cracker crumbs, pressing gently so the crackers stick.
- Wrap each cheese log separately in plastic wrap and chill until serving.
This cheese log may also be shaped into a more traditional cheese ball shape,
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): California Milk Advisory Board
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.