Cheesy Reuben Appetizer
If you're a Reuben sandwich fan, you'll love these easy-to-make appetizers.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 4 ounces deli sliced corned beef, chopped
- 1/2 cup well-drained sauerkraut
- Pretzel crackers, if desired
- Cocktail rye bread slices, if desired
- Chopped fresh chives, if desired
- Sliced radishes, if desired
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese, 1 cup of the Swiss cheese, the dressing and corned beef.
Spread in pie plate, 9 x 1 1/4 inches, or quiche dish, 9 x 1 1/2 inches.
- Top with sauerkraut and remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. (Cover and refrigerate
up to 24 hours if desired.)
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until bubbly around edge.
- Serve hot with pretzel crackers or cocktail bread.
- Garnish with chives and radishes.
Yield: 20 servings (2 tablespoons each)
Variation: Create Cheesy Rachel Appetizer by using 4 ounces deli sliced turkey,
chopped, instead of the corned beef.
To soften cream cheese, simply let it come to room temperature.
1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 100 ); Total Fat 10 g (Saturated
Fat 5 g); Cholesterol 25 mg; Sodium 220 mg; Total Carbohydrate 1 g (Dietary Fiber
0g); Protein 4 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8 %; Iron 2 %
Exchanges: 2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Super Bowl Recipes