Coconut Lime Sours
Crust and Filling
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick plus 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons lime zest
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press crust into ungreased 10 x 15-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix eggs, nuts, brown sugar and coconut until well blended; spread over baked
- Bake an additional 30 minutes or until set.
- While still warm, loosen the edges with a metal spatula.
- Mix together the confectioners' sugar, lime juice and zest with a fork.
- Working quickly, spread the lime paste all over the top with a spatula while
- Let cool to room temperature and cut into bars. Cut 11 cuts crosswise and 3 cuts