Crabmeat Stuffed Jalapenos
- 1 pound flaked crabmeat
- 1 (27 ounce) can jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped green pepper, onions and dill pickle
- 1/4 cup cracker meal
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup milk
- Breading mixture
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise. Discard pulp and seeds and rinse carefully.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except breading mixture.
- Stuff pepper halves with crab mixture and press stuffing around pepper.
- To prepare breading mixture: Place 2 cups cracker meal in a flat pan.
- In a separate pan, mix milk, egg, salt and pepper.
- Dip peppers into egg mixture, then into cracker meal. Repeat procedure.
- Deep fry at 365 degrees F until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
Yield: 30 hors d'oeuvres
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.