Field of Guacamole
The perfect football party guacamole, great for watching the big game at home
or for a tailgate party sensation.
- 6 ripe, fresh Hass avocados, seeded, peeled,cut into chunks
- 3 limes, juice only
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 medium sweet white onion, diced
- 2 large ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 2 medium fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded ifdesired, diced
- 2 cups Mexican-blend finely grated cheese, orfinely grated Cheddar
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 pint sour cream
- Food coloring for team colors (optional)
- Colorful tortilla chips for dipping
- Mash avocados with lime juice and salt in large bowl, until just creamy.
Add diced onion, tomatoes, jalapeños and cilantro and combine gently. Stir in
grated cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt if desired. In a glass
9x13 (rectangular) pan, spread mixture evenly and smoothly.
- If using sour cream for team colors, divide it into three bowls. Tint one
portion with desired amount of food coloring, repeat for second bowl, and leave
third bowl plain. To create design of guacamole, follow next procedure for piping,
using three separate plastic zipper bags.
- Place sour cream in a zipper bag and squeeze carefully to let all air escape
before sealing. Squeeze all the sour cream to one corner and snip a tiny hole
in the bottom of that corner. Now use the bag as a pastry bag to pipe your design.
Use plain white to pipe on the yard lines and colored sour creams to designate
Xs for the defense and Os for the offense. Or, use small yellow and red grape
or cherry tomatoes and arrange in a football formation.
- Tuck a few tortilla chips around the edges of the pan to add color and eye-appeal.
Place remaining chips in a serving basket. Serve and watch your guests tear
up the field!
- Serve with a variety of non-alcoholic beverages or chilled beer.
Don't forget ice for the party!
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages
about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving Calories 230 Total Fat 20.0g Saturated
Fat 6.0g Cholesterol 20.0mg Sodium 400.0mg Total Carbohydrates 9.0g Sugar 1.0g Protein
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 230; Total Fat 20 g (Sat 6 g,
Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 10 g); Cholesterol 20 mg; Sodium 400 mg; Potassium 500
mg; Total Carbohydrates 9 g; Dietary Fiber 6 g; Total Sugars 1 g; Protein 5 g; Vitamin
A 360 IU; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 123 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate
82 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Hass Avocado Board
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.