Football Cheddar Crackers
These Football Cheddar Crackers are a perfect game day recipe for any crowd.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne), or more to taste (or your favorite herb or spice)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) Cabot Salted Butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- Line baking sheets with parchment or coat lightly with butter.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and cayenne or other seasoning
with whisk or fork. Cut butter into small pieces and distribute throughout flour
- With food processor, electric mixer with paddle attachment, pastry blender or
your fingertips, beat or blend flour and butter together until butter is well incorporated.
- Add egg and beat or blend for 1 to 2 minutes longer until medium-firm dough is
formed. Add cheese and beat or blend for another minute or two until incorporated.
- Press dough into rectangle, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in freezer for about
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unwrap dough and place on lightly floured work surface. Roll out into 1/8-inch-thick
(or thinner) layer. With football-shaped cookie cutter*, cut out crackers and place
on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake crackers for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheets, then store in tightly covered container for up to
Yield: about 3 1/2 dozen (3- x 1 1/2-inch) crackers or 14 servings
Recipe used with permission from Jimmy Kennedy.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Super Bowl Recipes