Slices of refrigerated cookie dough are simply squeezed on each end to form football-shaped cookies - perfect snacks during the big game.
Yield: 32 cookies
- 1 (16.5 ounce) roll Pillsbury Create 'n Bake refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 (1 pound) container chocolate creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- White decorating gel
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Freeze dough 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices. With floured fingers, shape each dough slice to form football.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, place slices 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7 to 11 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Spread frosting over cookies.
- With white decorating gel, draw laces on each football.
High Altitude: (3500-6500 ft): Stir or knead 2 tablespoons flour into dough, then divide and shape into 32 footballs.
Variation: Keep the slices round, frost with white frosting and use black decorating gel to make soccer ball cookies.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: