Football Dip Bowl
Such a fun addition to your football gatherings and parties!
- 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 string cheese
- 1 pound lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 16 ounces Mexican Velveeta
- 1 (10 ounce) can died tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- Loaf: Cut about 2 inches of dough off the end of loaf. Spray counter lightly with
non-stick cooking spray and roll the cut off piece into a 9x12-inch oval. Trim
two 1x10-inch strips off the oval and set them aside.
- Place the oval on sprayed baking sheet and shape into a flat football shape.
- Roll remaining part of loaf into a 12-inch rope. Cut it in half lengthwise.
Curve each half into an arch and lay (one on each side) on top of the rolled
out oval to form a football shaped bowl. Pinch ends together securely making
a point at each end. Lay the one inch strips you set aside over each end of
the football to make the stripes. Tuck the ends under the football.
- Brush with beaten egg and let rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Pinch the ends again to make nice points and bake at 350 degrees F for 30
- Let cool and trim out middle of football to make as much space as desired
for your dip.
- Fill with Queso Dip.
- Make stitching by cutting a string cheese and lay on top of dip. Serve with
- Queso Dip: Cut cheese into cubes and melt in microwave.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Heat again and serve,
with chips, in Football Dip Bowl.
Servings: variable | Prep Time: 30 min | Bake Time: 30 min
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.