Talk about quick! You can get these taco-flavored nachos on the table before
time runs out!
- 6 ounces light prepared cheese product, cut into cubes (from 16 ounce loaf)
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons fat-free (skim) milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old El Paso 40% Less-Sodium taco seasoning mix (from 1.25 ounce package)
- 3 ounces baked bite-size tortilla chips (about 64 chips)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped plum (Roma) tomatoes(about 5 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat cheese product, Cheddar cheese, milk and taco
seasoning mix over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until cheeses are melted
and mixture is smooth.
- Meanwhile, arrange chips on large serving platter.
- Pour warm cheese mixture over chips.
- Top with tomatoes and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings
For a fun presentation, vary the color of tortilla chips you use. Choose among
red, green white, yellow and blue tortilla chips.
High Altitude: (3500-6500 ft): No changes.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Pillsbury
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Super Bowl Recipes