Guaca-BOWL-e Nachos Stadium
Holy guacamole! Americans are expected to consume a record 240 million avocados
during the week leading up to the Big Game. Score a winning touchdown with a field
of creamy green guaranteed to have your Big Game party guests rooting for you to
- 8 ripe fresh Hass avocados*, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 5 black olives, pitted
- 8 baby carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro, reserve 10 additional leaves for garnish
- 1 bag (13 ounces) tortilla chips
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar or jalapeño jack cheese
- 2 small bell peppers, different colors, seeded and cut into small squares to resemble flags
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about
8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine 7 avocados, lime juice, onion, jalapeño pepper,
and garlic. Mash to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer
the guacamole into a 6-cup rectangular dish (or aluminum foil carry-out container);
smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
- Place the dish of guacamole in the center of a large platter or tray. Scoop
the sour cream into a small plastic bag. Snip a tiny piece from the corner;
pipe lines on the guacamole to resemble a football field. Pipe lines on one
olive to resemble a football; place in center of the field.
- Pare down one end of each of 4 baby carrots and fit one end of each carrot
into one of the remaining black olives to make football players with helmets;
press “players” into the field.
- Slice remaining 4 carrots crosswise and reserve for garnish.
- Sprinkle the edges of the guacamole with chopped cilantro.
- Place half of the tortilla chips on two large foil-lined, baking sheets.
Top with half of the cheese and bell peppers. Top with remaining chips, cheese
- Bake 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Working quickly, place the tortilla chips around the guacamole, mounding
them up on the outside edges to appear as stadium seating.
- Sprinkle chips with radishes, remaining cilantro leaves, baby carrots and
- Cube remaining avocado; add to nachos as garnish.
Prep Time: 40 min | Cook Time: 5 min
Total Time: 45 min | One serving=1/2 cup
To make a stadium effect, try using different colored tortilla chips.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 540; Total Fat 40 g (Sat 12 g,
Trans 0 g, Poly 5 g, Mono 16 g); Cholesterol 36 mg; Sodium 327 mg; Potassium 737
mg; Total Carbohydrates 40 g; Dietary Fiber 12 g; Total Sugars 2 g; Protein 13 g;
Vitamin A 1648 IU; Vitamin C 33 mg; Calcium 300 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 1 IU; Folate
120 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g.
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 33%; Vitamin C 55%; Calcium 30%; Iron 11%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may
be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Hass Avocado Board
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.