Italian Meatball Subs
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1/4 cup Progresso
Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza
- 2 (11 ounce) cans Pillsbury refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 4 ounces
(1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake bread as directed on package.
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, bread crumbs, onion and egg;
mix well. Shape into 16 (1 1/2-inch) balls.
- In medium skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat for 5 minutes or until
browned, turning frequently. Drain.
- Add pizza sauce. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until
meatballs are thoroughly cooked.
- Slice each loaf open, sandwich-style.
- Place 8 meatballs in each loaf.
- Spoon sauce over meatballs.
- Cut loaves in half to make four sandwiches.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Makes: 4 sandwiches
Reprinted with permission from Pillsbury.
Other game day recipes you may like...
Cheesy Reuben Appetizer
Slow-Cooked Barbecue Pork Sandwiches
Savory Ranch Chex Mix
Fiery Kickoff Wings