Macadamia Nut Pina Colada Bars
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons reserved pineapple juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with
- Bars: Drain pineapple well, reserving 3 teaspoons juice for Pineapple Glaze.
- In medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour, the butter and 3 tablespoons confectioners'
sugar with spoon until flour is moistened.
- Press into pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk until blended.
- Stir in pineapple and all remaining Bar ingredients.
- Spread over partially baked crust.
- Bake bars for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Pineapple Glaze: In small bowl, mix all Pineapple Glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough
- Drizzle glaze over bars.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
Yield: 24 bars