A great appetizer which can be made the day before serving.
- 1 (.7 ounce) envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2
- 1 (8 ounce) block Monterey jack cheese, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce)
block cheddar cheese, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, chilled
(4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- Whisk together first six ingredients; set aside.
- Cut Monterey jack cheese in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into
1/4-inch thick slices.
- Repeat with cheddar cheese and cream cheese.
- Arrange cheese in 4 rows in a shallow 2-quart baking dish, alternating Monterey
jack cheese, cheddar cheese and cream cheese.
- Pour marinade over cheese.
- Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Drain marinade; arrange cheese on a platter in rows.
- Top with pimiento, and serve with assorted crackers.