Pepper Jack and Spinach Pizza
- 10 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, drained, and squeezed dry
- 2 1/2 cups Monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (12 inch) store-bought prepared pizza crusts, such as Boboli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 4 tablespoons grated asiago
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in a large frying pan until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the bacon, spinach (drain well), cheese, and
- Brush pizza crust with olive oil.
- Spread the spinach mixture evenly on both crusts and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake the pizzas on a pizza stone (crispier crust) or on two baking sheets until
the cheese has melted, approximately 10 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8.