Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Biscuits
Flavorful pesto seasons the biscuit crust of these pizza-filled biscuits.
- 1 (17.3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands! Homestyle Refrigerated Extra Rich Biscuits
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 24 small slices pepperoni (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup thin bite-size green bell pepper strips
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. With serrated knife, cut each biscuit into
2 layers, making 16 dough rounds.
- Spread about 1/2 teaspoon pesto over each dough round. In 8 nonstick regular-size
muffin cups, gently press 8 dough rounds, pesto side down, in bottom and halfway
up side of cups.
- Place 3 pepperoni slices in each dough-lined muffin cup. Spread about 1
teaspoon pizza sauce over pepperoni in each cup. Arrange bell pepper strips
evenly over pizza sauce. Sprinkle cheese evenly over bell pepper. Top each with
dough round, pesto side up; gently tuck dough edge into muffin cup.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 16 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Remove from muffin cups; place on wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Reprinted with permission from Pillsbury.
Other game day recipes you may like...
Cheesy Reuben Appetizer
Slow-Cooked Barbecue Pork Sandwiches
Savory Ranch Chex Mix
Fiery Kickoff Wings