Sauerkraut Balls with Mustard Sauce
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium onion, finely
- 1/2 pound ground fully cooked smoked ham
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 drops red pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed, well-drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup dry bread
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
tablespoons Coleman's Dry Mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 pint cream
- 1/2 cup
- Sauerkraut Balls: Cook and stir ground pork and onion in 10-inch skillet over
medium heat until pork is done; drain.
- Stir in ham, flour, mustard and pepper sauce thoroughly.
- Stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until hot, about 5
minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley and sauerkraut; cool.
- Heat butter in 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch jellyroll pan in 400 degree F oven until
- Mix eggs and water.
- Shape pork mixture into 1-inch balls; dip into egg mixture.
- Coat evenly with bread crumbs.
- Place in butter in pan.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes; turn. Bake until hot and golden brown, about 15
- Serve with Mustard Sauce.
- Mustard Sauce: Mix flour, sugar and dry mustard in small saucepan.
- Add egg yolk, cream and vinegar.
- Cook over low heat. Do not boil.
- Serve with Sauerkraut Balls.
Other game day recipes you may like...
Cheesy Reuben Appetizer
Slow-Cooked Barbecue Pork Sandwiches
Savory Ranch Chex Mix
Fiery Kickoff Wings